Oregon DA for the People
Pacific Northwest Family Circle is a proud partner in the Oregon DA for the People Coalition. A County’s District Attorney is the most powerful position in the local criminal legal system. Voters decide who has that power and what values drive their decisions. The Oregon DA for the People platform sends a message to DA candidates that, if elected, they must act on the values that will result in a just and fair local criminal legal system.
Visit the Oregon DA for the People website to:
- Read the demands, developed under the leadership of people most impacted by the criminal legal system
- Endorse the platform as an individual or organization
- Learn how to get involved
Police Killings Info
- Police Violence Trends by police department. Thanks to ssinyangwe for compiling this and other police killing data.
- Killed by Police. A list of each loved one lost across the country.
- The Counted. A database maintained by the newspaper The Guardian.
- Report on experiences of Families of Loved Ones lost to police violence, by David Baker, Senior Lecturer in Criminology, Conventry University
Laws on Police Accountability
- Legislation Info: Campaign Zero. “We can live in a world where the police don’t kill people by limiting police interventions, improving community interactions, and ensuring accountability.”
From the Campaign Zero folks: